Tuesday, November 2, 2010

I know who I am

Some times people seem skeptical of my life choices when they find out that I am 24 years old, have been married five years, and have a 4 month old. I frequently hear "you're just a baby!!" or "how can you know what you want out of life when you are so young?"

So, let's get something straight: I know who I am.

I am a part time housewife (albeit not a very good one...), part time working woman, and full time mommy!

I am mostly crazy: a bit high strung, seriously opinionated, and definitely high maintenance.
I try to be sweet, but I have to work hard at it because I'm mostly sassy.
I say what I think more often than I should and stick my foot (sometimes both) in my mouth frequently. After our conversation, I'll replay it in my head at least twice to make sure I didn't make a total fool of myself.
I wear my heart on my sleeve and you'll usually know what mood I'm in immediately. And for better or worse, I'm an emotional girl, VERY passionate and feel things in extremes.
I'm dark and angsty, and can be very calculated.
I have a temper like an atomic bomb with a hair trigger. I try hard to set off warning sirens before I explode, but some days are better than others.

I am young in years but have been to hell and back and experienced things many people haven't. I've been down, depressed, seen rock bottom and have scars to prove it. Some days are wonderful and some days I feel like I'm drowning.

While not all of these things are good, I recognize them and take them in stride. Every day I do my best to improve the bad and strengthen the good in myself.

I know who I am. Do you?

1 comment:

  1. I know who you are, you're fricken awesome and I love ya! Not to mention a bomb hair stylist!

    ReplyDelete