Sunday, June 19, 2011

catching up...

SO much has happened recently! It's hard keep up blogging with how sick I've been, working, TD getting busier everyday, and then in the evenings when he's in bed Hubby has hours of homework to do so no computer time for Momma :(((

I am FINALLY off the pump and happily back on the oral Zofran but still take two other OTC nausea medications to help carry me through. YAY!!!

TD turned ONE this past Monday, the day after my 25th birthday!

We did his one year old pics with Jacquilyn Avery Photography last Saturday. He was quite stoic during his photoshoot, like he was trying to figure out what she was doing and what all her equipment was but I think they'll be some cute ones and I can't wait to see them!

We celebrated our birthdays on Tuesday and had our ultrasound to find out baby #2's gender that day also.
We had our US tech seal baby's gender in an envelope. We went to target, picked out two take home outfits, one boy and one girl. We took them to guest services and asked them to open the envelope, ring up the appropriate outfit, and wrap it up while we went and got a snack.  We came back to pick up our change and our plain white gift bag and waited until the end of the birthday party to open it.

TD had is very first hot dog and his very own birthday cupcake (his first was during his pictures) which he happily devoured! After we cleaned him up, it was time to open presents!!
Hubby and I opened our gender present first:



ITS A GIRL!

I knew it would be; I knew TD was a boy and I know this one is a girl. My intuition streak is 2 for 2! :)

Of course I'm already planning and decorating her room and bedding! AND, of course my favorite bedding, hubby doesn't love... We'll see who wins that battle :)
I may end up sewing custom bedding for our princess, IF I get that ambitious... And I've been shopping for wall paper, paint treatment ideas, etc already because only the best will do!

One thing I'm definitely nervous about is how to integrate new baby into TD's life given that he's too young to really explain it to. He's still just a baby himself; they'll barely be 17 months apart.
I pray I do it well and it doesn't upset him too much... And I'll take any advice I can get.



**Disclaimer: Anonymous comments will not be published. I'd love to hear from YOU not "Anonymous" :)

4 comments:

  1. Sara it will all work out fine. My kids are 15 months apart so I know exactly how you feel. They just recently started bonding. The last half of the first year gets better once they can start to interact with eachother. Kenneth was really attached to me so I had to get him more used to his dad doing things for him. Once the baby came there was a couple times he wanted to sit on my lap when I had the baby but them he noticed daddy was open so he sat with daddy. I think we feel worse about adding the second baby them the kids do. Its so exciting your having a girl. If you want to talk I'm free.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am shocked! I voted for a boy! Poor TD is going to have a little girl in love with all his friends when they grow up. That will be fun to watch! But your comments at the end make me laugh, because when I was preggers with Cohen I thought I was a horrible person because I had these strong feelings of "this is going to be so hard on Arlo" and "How am I going to be able to show Arlo how much I love him when I have an infant in my arms?" or thinking of ways that I could get around holding the baby in front of Arlo, so he wouldn't get upset (no worries about the baby, just Arlo). Now I don't know if your feelings are as ridiculous as my feelings, but just like Mindy said... it all works out. Arlo did go through a small hate stage with cohen (especially when I was breastfeeding) so I just made sure when Cohen was sleeping (which was all the time the first few months) that I spent some real good quality time with Arlo. And not to scare you, but I wished someone told me this (well they did but I did not listen) having two kids is SOOOOOO HARD!! I wouldn't have it any other way, but there were days I cried a lot, because I was so exhausted! I honestly do not know how people have 6+ kids! CRAZY!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was too cute! That was such a neat idea, making it a surprise for you two. Also, I always feel like kind of a douche for telling people this (which is why I don't tell people very often), but if you ever have questions, my masters is in mental health and child development for ages birth - three years. You probably have a huge support network of mommas, but I'd be happy to lend you a hand if you ever need it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mindy and Shiloh, I definitely worry a lot that TD wont get all his needs met and I'm starting to realize that all my worrying about him may be a bit irrational and mean our sweet girl doesn't get held and snuggled the way that he did at that age.
    I am praying it all works out but I guess we'll just have to do our best and jump in with both feet.
    Alicia, I would LOVE to pick your brain about a few things! We should get together some time soon to catch up!

    ReplyDelete